Fountains, Marian Column, pump
Lower fountain with a statue of St. Margaret decorates the area in the square's eastern half. Built in the times of Zachariáš of Hradec from wood. It gained today's stone form in the year 1611. Statue of the St. Margaret, patroness of the town is from the second half of the 17th century and depicts a Telč's girl.
Upper fountain is later also originally built from wood. It was rebuilt to the today's form in the year 1827 and is decorated by the statue of Silenos holding little Dionysus in his arms.
Marian (Plague) Column stands in the upper part of the square. It was built in the years 1716 - 1720 from the legacy of townswoman Zuzana Hodová (she lived in the house no. 52) who donated 1000 gold pieces. Author of the column is sculptor David Lipart of Brtnice and his assistant František Neuwirt. On the column's piedestal are located saints: Jan Nepomucký, Jakub, František Xaverius, Roch, Sebastián and the Guardian Angel. In the cave is St. Rosalia and from the other side is Maria Magdalena. Atop of the column of clouds on the globe stands Virgin Maria. Mr. Lipart also repaired the statue of St. Margaret on the Lower fountain, which seemed shapeless to local folk.
Water pump on the square
Since the mid-16th century our ancestors have been tapping water from two nearby fountains. The water was supplied to them by a water pipeline built by Zachariáš of Hradec from the ponds above Telč. The pump comes from the second half of the 19th century. She certainly had a wooden predecessor. Until the middle of the 20th century this pump served as the main source of drinking water for the inhabitants of the square and the adjacent streets. Not every house had its own well. But it has always been a place where the people of the city not only pumped life-giving fluid but also communicated their joys and worries every day.