Public fountains and Marian column
The square area is characterised by two public fountains and by the Marian column which are situated in its eastern part.
The lower fountain, at present decorated by the statue of St. Margaret, was already built in the days of Zachariáš of Hradec, but it had been made of wood. The present stone appearance dates back to 1611 while the statue dates from the second half of the 17th century.
The upper fountain is younger, originally was also wooden and it received its present appearance when it was reconstructed in 1827 and it is decorated with the statue of Silenius with his hands put round little Dionysus.
The Marian column was built in 1716 - 1720 and was financed by the legacy of Zuzana Hodová (she lived in No. 52) who bequeathed 1000 Austrian Guldens for this purpose in her last will. The designer of the column was David Lipart, a sculptor of Brtnice in co-operation with František Neuwirt. The pedestal of the column holds the saints - John of Nepomuk, James, Francis Xaverius, Rochus, Sebestian and the Guardian Angel. In the cave you can see St. Rosalie and from teh second side Mary Magdalene. On the top of the greyish column stands the Virgin Mary on the globe.