Near surroundings of Telč - day 1
Telč - Štamberk - Mrákotín - Telč
From Telč the green trail through the alley of Lipky and Hostětice to Lhotka (6.5 km) and the castle ruins of Štamberk (1 km). Then along the blue trail around the ponds of Horní and Dolní Mrzatec via Mrákotín (4 km) to Dobrá Voda (2 km). From Dobrá Voda by yellow to Krahulčí (3 km). In Krahulčí at the restaurant Na Kocandě right we go through a long street called Na Rafandě we go out of the village and we reach a dirt road to the paved road. We turn left and arrive at about 1,5 km to Telč.
Points of interest:
1. Lipky - alleys protected as a natural monument where residents like to go walking.
2. Ruin of castle Štamberk - Gothic castle was captured in 1423 Hussite troops led by Governor Jan Hvězda of Vícemilic. From the castle preserved part of the walls foundations of some buildings and lonely standing wall on the edge of a steep slope considered the rest of the tower. The ruin is freely accessible.
3. Protected natural formation "Stone Sea" - a boulder stream resulting in the Ice Age sliding the massive rocks crumbled on top of the hill Štamberk the muddy soil during the thaw. Today the phenomenon is largely covered by forest the stones grow blueberries.
4. Horní and Dolní Mrzatec - the popular swimming lakes particularly upper for its clean water. In the Middle Ages according to legend lay in areas of the lower pond same village whose inhabitants have succumbed to plague.
5. Mrakotín stone quarry - Mrakotin quarry is an important center of gravity of mica granite. In 1925 a 17 m long monolith was placed from Mrákotín to Prague Castle.
6. Dobrá Voda - a village in the past known as a spa town founded in the 17th century Joachim glory according to which it was originally called the Spa Jachymovy.
7. The church of John of Nepomuk - you will see it on the road from Krahulčí on the left side. At the modest but significant hill above the road it dominates the whole area. This is a stylistically pure baroque temple in the shape of a cross. It is the first church in the Czech lands dedicated to St. John of Nepomuk even before world - wide known.