Near surroundings of Telč - day 2
Telč - Roštejn - Řásná - Telč
From the Telč along the yellow trail through the village Volevčice (3.5 km), Doupě (3.5 km) Castle Roštejn (2 km) then by blue via Malý pařezitý pond (2.5 km) to Velký pařezitý pond (1.5 km) and the red line to the village of Řásna (1.5 km). From Řásná to Vanov (3 km) around the chapel of St. Karel (1 km) and Lipky alley (3 km) back to Telč. The possibility of turning to Míchova rock - (3 km from Velký pařezitý pond) along the red trail
Length: 21.5 kilometers
Points of interest:
1. Castle Roštejn comes from the first half of 14th century rebuilt by Zachariáš of Hradec in the 16th century. From the 17th century till the beginning. 20th century it was used as a hunting lodge (two courses for deer). In 1915 building largely burnt down and was rebuilt in the years 1956 - 1982. At present the castle exposed to the collections of the Museum of the Highlands and is accessible to 45 meters high seven-sided tower which offers a nice view of the surroundings. Castle is the venue for many cultural events.
2. Míchova rock is a distinctive rocky complex with towers and frost cabins surrounded by stone sea lying at an altitude of 773 meters above sea level. Thanks to the young stand near the rocks of the nice view. In 1829 there was shot the last wolf Jihlava Hills. In the rocks occasionally nest eagle-owl.
3. Velký pařezitý pond - built in the 16th century as a water source for a Telč is now a nature reserve (incidence Calla marsh). In summer the pond used for bathing. After the dam pond trail leads.
4. Řásná - community which passes through an artificially built canal supplying the system in the past Telč ponds. Village green chapel built in the year. 1885 is dedicated to Cyril and Methodius since 1985 decorated with a metal cross from Alfred Habermann and the Way of the Cross by Joseph Zahradník.
5. Chapel of St. Karel - (formerly called Olivet) stands near Vanov on the way through the forest towards Telč. It was built by countess Františka Slavatová in 1663.